Your gateway to Banks Peninsula. Affordable accommodation close to Akaroa. Idilic riverside sites for nature lovers. Now Open.
Eco Camping with FREE WIFI & hot showers included in the fee. Our peaceful, safe haven is a perfect base for exploring Banks Peninsula. Powered and unpowered riverside sites plus 5h of native bush and walks. An easy option for your first or last night in NZ as we are less than one hour from the airport along flat safe, sealed roads. Email us here.
Fee includes Free WI-FI and hot showers. Click on map to enlarge→
2016/17 rates •$15/adult •$10/kids 13 and under • kids under 3 free • $5 for power. Only $10 for cycle tourers. All day visitors $5. No EFTPOS sorry.
Scary Slippery Slides. CLOSED.
Little River Campground (formerly Birdlands) has something for everyone. Big enough to lose yourself in, but small enough for intimate gatherings. We also have standard cabins available to rent details here
A peaceful riverside camp with the lush beauty of the South Island’s West Coast yet less than an hour from Christchurch makes this the perfect venue for any occasion. A natural setting, more like a DOC camp than a holiday park.
Ideal as a first night stop for newly arrived tourists in campers. (We’d be happy to give you travel advice). Back to nature holidays, weddings, retreats, parties, birthdays and with the advantage of affordable accommodation. Plan a romantic getaway in one of our cute cabins or have a camping holiday with your family. Private camp areas for group bookings.
Nostalgic Camping is what we call it. Back to basics camping like it use to be. Kids playing on the trampoline or in the river, exploring and being adventurous while you sit back and relax knowing they’re safe. We are a small business 100% kiwi owned and not affiliated with any chain of holiday parks, preferring to be ‘Unique Boutique’. Somewhere special and memorable. The camping areas are limited but there is 5h of bush to escape to.
We have a safety policy to keep vehicles away from the sites making it safer for kids.
Our toilets are waterless the world reknown Clivus Multrum system, saving water and the environment.
2016 fees •$15/adult •$10/kids 13 and under • kids 3 and under free • $5 for power • $5 discount for cycle tourers! Free accommodation for work & WWOOFERs welcome by arrangement.
- Powered and unpowered caravan and campervan sites.
- Sheltered Tent sites- snug sites possible at busy times.
- Free hot showers
- Free WiFi
- Laundry and washing line for drying- $2 for a cold wash.
- Sheltered kitchen area with gas hob, microwave, fridge, jug.
- Seasonal herb garden- add some rosemary to your meal.
- BBQ available
- Scary Slippery Slides -open only sometimes, so call.
- Crazy scary swing from our 200yr old tree.
- River to play in with small pools- make some dams!
- Riverside picnic areas (and secret spots for romancing)
- Playground with ground level trampoline
- Midday checkout, or later by request.
- Dog friendly (conditions include on lead at all times & well behaved)
Please note: No EFTPOS/ credit card facilities. Payment on arrival please.
For a list of what to bring we suggest looking at this link ‘thatscamping’